Friday, August 13, 2010

Reflection

It's been about two weeks ago since our class ended but I still hold true lots of the stories and lessons I learned. Especially the story about the bob sled track controversy for the 1932 Lake Placid Olympics. Just the amount of history behind the dilemma was amazing. All the anti-Semitic, policies and behaviors caught me off guard because I never knew any sort of feelings were like that in the ADKs. I tell that story to my friends when they ask me how this summer class was, along with all the other sorts of fun and learning we had.

So what I took from this course was very close to what I wanted to learn from it. I wanted to learn how to improve my interpretation skills, learn a more thorough in-depth understanding of the Adirondacks flora, fauna and history and become more comfortable with teaching others information I have understood. To that I can say, the goals were accomplished but like most skills or knowledge learned I can always fine tune such skills and always continue to learn even more.

I'd like to thank Karl, Beth, Tim and everybody else that was involved with this course for a wonderful learning experience and an even better time!

No comments:

Post a Comment